NJWA PRESENTS THE BATS OF WIFFLE®BALL
The NJWA has created this page to give all the Wifflers a brief history on all the Official Wiffle®Ball bats from 1954-Present.All the bats mentioned are GENUINE Wiffle®Ball bats, made or licensed by The Wiffle Ball Inc. of Shelton, CT. There have been a lot of "knock off" bats out there. Listed below are the only Wiffle®Bats.
In 1953 the Wiffle Ball Inc. was founded by David N. Mullany. The first year there was not a bat for the game, only a broom stick was used to hit this funny plastic ball that curved and swirled when it was thrown. In 1954 the first Wiffle®Ball bat was made. It was made out of wood and was called the “Official Wiffle®King.” From 1954 to 1972 bats were made under the name “Official Wiffle®Bat.” In 1958 a two piece plastic bat was made that snapped together. This bat was never marketed. In 1959-1999 a one piece yellow plastic bat was made with “Official Wiffle®Bat” stamped on the side. This is the bat you see in the stores today. In 2000, the Aluminum Wiffle®Ball bat will be released under the name Wiffle®Pro, manufactured by The Adeline Bat Company, Trenton, NJ. under license from The Wiffle Ball Inc.